Friday 12 August 2011

Precious moments in time



Very sad news today as my gorgeous little Braith pictured right of Blodwyn died today.

She was looking poorly this morning and didn't want to come out of the coop. I almost expected it but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. The trouble is I love my animals so deeply, it's unbearable when they do go.


The wonderful thing is that I am sure she had a happy life. She was always willing to take part and join in my mad antics inside the chicken coop and out. She even had her 15 minutes of fame when she appeared in 'Your Chickens' Magazine last month to show them celebrating the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April.


Braith - a wonderful old bird, who at the grand age of 6 years and 5 months has given me so many happy moments and mad things to blog about.



3 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that she had a happy life and that Braith was just as glad to have you in her life as you are to have had her in your life.

    Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    I've every confidence that being with you in peaceful, stress-free surroundings, she did indeed, have a most happy life.
    And compared to the horrible treatment of those poor battery hens, I'm sure she was most grateful to you.
    In kindness, Gary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks, I do think she was a happy little hen. xx

    HI Gary, thank you for such kind words of support. Di x

    ReplyDelete